|Charcoal Detox Brightening Mask|
I was delighted to receive a face mask by our lovely Min earlier this week. I had not been kind to my body or face over the weekend, with beer and the World Cup all playing their part! I needed some time out, pampering and me time...ahhhhh!
Is it a mask or a cloth?
On reading the back of the packet I soon discovered this was no ordinary run of the mill face mask, this was different!
|Timeless Truth Charcoal Detox Brightening Mask|
- The product is a unique and patented functionality cloth by TT International Cosmetology Organisation;
- The black powder impregnated in the cloth is a product of Bamboo Charcoal Extract created at a high temperature (around 800 degrees celsius).
- The mentioned powder has proven to be deep cleansing and highly absorbent;
- Instantly brightens;
- Charcoal assists diffusion of pure active ingredients into the skin.
- Cleanse your face;
- Open the packet via the easy tear section at the top;
- Take out the cloth discarding the plastic attached to it;
- If you hold up the mask you will see there is a dark side and a light side to the black and white chequered cloth. Place the dark side of the cloth to the face starting from the chin upwards;
- Leave on for 15-20 minutes;
- When finished, remove the mask and massage the remaining essence into the skin;
- You can also apply your own products if you wish to lock in moisture.
|Trying out the mask|
- I loved it. It was a little tricky fitting the cloth to my little face and it kept coming away from my chin if I moved. I would definitely place it better around the chin next time.
- After I placed it on my face it felt really soothing and cool throughout. It is very moist so beware of drips when you initially take it out of the packet.
- I found it really relaxing compared to regular face masks and it was surprisingly easy to apply...even for me!
- More importantly, my skin felt really hydrated and smooth, more than any other mask I have ever used at home.
- I will definitely purchase a few and keep them handy for hangover days and maybe even try one a week to see if it helps with acne.
There are different masks such as Deep Sea Extract and Herbal Rejuvenation, all with varying benefits. I would highly recommend this product and will try other masks in the range.
- External use only
- Avoid contact with eyes. If you do suffer irritation, rinse immediately
- Stop using if you experience irritation to skin
- Do not use on wounded or inflamed skin
- Use product immediately after opening
- Keep away from children
- Do not reuse
Do you use any face masks? What are they?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Davina Shah is a massage therapist, charity worker and writer. Her autobiographical short story 'The truth is out there' for anthology Rites of Passage; Rights of Womanhood is due for publication in July 2014.
Proceeds from the anthology will be donated to Hope for Justice charity.
You can also find Davina on Twitter @MorisyenRose.