What is argan oil?
|100% pure organic argan oil from Lavina|
What is it used for?
I am only going to talk about argan oil uses for cosmetic purposes and later on for hair only.
So, argan oil is:
- a natural remedy for psoriasis, acne, dandruff.
- it is used to moisturise skin, particularly good to soften cuticles and heels.
- argan oil is also used on face to add glow and shine to your skin or used to mix up with your foundation to add a dewy glow.
- perfect for pregnant ladies to use on their bellies to avoid stretch marks.
- great for hair.
Benefits of argan oil for hair
|Pipette that comes with the bottle of|
- Use on your hair to add shine and tame frizz.
- makes hair soft.
- Use on hair for overnight treatment. Rub on the roots and throughout your hair, cover it up and wash your locks in the morning for a soft luminous look.
- Protects your hair from heat damage.
How to apply argan oil on hair?
My review of argan oil for hair
I have recorded a little experiment on YouTube about my results from using argan oil on hair.
I washed my hair, devided it in half and applied 1-2 drops of oil on one side of my hair only. I showed that there is little difference in reducing combing forces, maybe a tiny difference, but it's not huge.
I didn't apply to the roots like the instructions say, because from the past I already know that it makes my hair look a bit greasy, so I only used the oil on my hair ends. I dried my hair with a hairdryer and brushed it.
The result is that my hair on both sides looks very similar. The one with argan oil feels a tiny bit heavier and the hair looks a little bit clumpier, but the difference is very small. Personally, I don't find using argan oil advantageous from an aesthetic point of view, however, it is claimed to protect your locks from heat, so it might be worth using it for that reason.
Below is the YouTube video if you want to watch my experiment.
Do you use argan oil? Would you like to give it a go? Do you use any other oils on your hair?