What is claimed on the Collagen Retinol Moisturiser's bottle and/or website?
- It is natural organic skincare with skin-boosting, age defying properties and silk proteins.
- Infused with marine collagen which keeps skin hydrated, helps to soften fine lines and wrinkles, helps maintain skin's elasticity and strength by stimulating collagen synthesis.
- Contains dark circles reducing arnica oils.
- Rich in antioxidants.
- The moisturiser will leave your skin feeling soft, smooth, more hydrated and totally rejuvenated.
- PH balanced.
- Paraben free.
- Not tested on animals.
- It has SPF 25.
- 50ml bottle is retailed at £32.
Directions for use
What do I think of the product?
- To be really honest, I didn't use this product a lot. I applied it to my face and neck only a few times, not because it's not a good product or because I didn't like it. I avoided Collagen Retinol Moisturiser, because it had the word 'Retinol' in the product name. Recently I have resumed my experiment with Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0 cream and I have been using Skinceuticals product once a week. Skin becomes very sensitive to sunlight after application of retinol creams, especially after cream with such strong concentration as Skinceuticals 1.0. My skin still peels a bit when I use Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0 product even though I have been using this cream for a few months now. The last thing I wanted was to add more retinol containing products on my face.
- Now when I started reading about Collagen Retinol moisturiser by Celebrity Skin I found out that it doesn't contain any retinol in the ingredients list. Please anyone explain what I am getting wrong! I would expect a moisturiser that has 'retinol' in the title of the moisturiser to have retinol in the ingredients list. After all, if it has no retinol in it, I should have been using this face moisturiser as it has SPF 25. Collagen Retinol Moisturiser by Celebrity Skin has high protection from sun and it would have worked perfectly well for me together with Skinceuticals Retinol cream in this mainly overcast UK weather.
- The product has very good texture. Skin easily and quickly absorbs the moisturiser and feels moisturised and pleasant after application.
- As mentioned before it has SPF 25 which is great as far as I am concerned.
- No smell or the smell is very mild and not unpleasant.
- Convenient and easy to use. The bottle has a nozzle for convenient hygienic application.
- Although I have used the product very little, my husband has gone through half of the bottle. He says he likes it, but he refuses to say why as he doesn't want his name to be mentioned on my blog. I have a few moisturisers to choose from, but he managed to find Collagen Retinol Moisturiser by Celebrity Skin even when I hid the product in my drawer. I wanted to have a chance to try it out properly before we ran out of it. I take it as a good sign.