|Rimmel Match Perfection foundation|
and Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer
One of the products that I bought was Rimmel Match Perfection Light Porcelain 010 foundation for £6.99. It's a very light perfecting radiance product, which also came with Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer 002. The primer came for free when you buy Rimmel foundation, otherwise, it's £6.99.
What does it say on the bottle?
- It's a traceless coverage foundation with advanced Smart-tone technology for perfectly flawless skin under any light. Enhanced with Sapphire Radiance for an illuminating glow. Lasts all day.
- Has SPF 18.
|Top pictures - bare skin with no products, middle pictures - after application|
of Rimmel primer and foundation, bottom pictures - after adding
some extra different foundation on top of Rimmel Match Perfection
What are the pros?
- Adds some radiance to my skin; the skin reflects light better and looks a bit smoother.
- It has SPF 18, which is a perfect SPF factor for me.
- It comes with a pump, so its convenient to use.
- Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer came free with the product.
What are the cons?
- The formula is a bit too thin to my liking. It covers up my skin, but I need something thicker to get better coverage. I use Rimmel Match Perfection foundation as the first coat and I add something thicker on top.
- The Light Porcelain colour makes my pale skin even lighter. The foundation could be a touch darker, but given that all the other colours would have been too dark for my very fair skin, I decided to go for Light Porcelain colour.
- My skin looks a bit grey or white after application. It's a bit like a chalk. It takes away the natural yellow or pink tones and turns me into a mild version of geisha or a vampire.
- I am using this product, but I would not settle with it. I will definitely look for a more suitable foundation for myself.
- Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer is reasonable, but not amazing. I have tried better primers, so I would not buy this again.
Updated on 3 June 2014 - YouTube video
Also, please read a review of Rimmel Match Perfection Skin Tone Adapting Concealer on Lia's blog FashionHappenss.