|Clarisonic facial cleansing device Mia 2|
I am going to review the device myself and share my own experience and opinion about this cleansing system.
How does Clarisonic work?
Here is what their website says:
- Mia 2 features two speeds, one-minute pulsing T-Timer® and comes with a protective travel case for on-the-go sonic cleansing, enabling you to have beautiful looking skin at home or on-the-go.
- The Clarisonic Mia 2 Sonic Skin Cleansing System uses a patented sonic frequency of more than 300 movements per second to clean, soften and smooth skin. In just 60 seconds, the action removes more makeup and more dirt and sebum than cleansing with your hands alone. Removing more dirt and sebum from your pores also helps prepare for a better skin care regime.
- Benefits & features highlights:
- Removes more makeup than manual cleansing
- Helps prepare skin for usual skin care regimen
- Leaves skin feeling smoother and healthier
- Tightens the appearance of visible pores
- Helps remove sebum
- Helps improve the appearance of skin tone and texture
- Gentle cleansing process can be used up to twice a day for 1 min each time
A few points from the User Guide
- Clarisonic Mia 2 works for one minute once turned on. It beeps after 20 seconds of cleansing, then after another 20 seconds and once again when there is last 10 seconds left before it turns itself off. This way it gives you some idea of how long to use the product for various areas on your face. The instructions manual recommends to use the device for 20 seconds on your forehead, 20 seconds on your nose/chin and 10 seconds on each cheek.
- Brush heads need to be replaced every three months as the bristles become fatigued and less effective over time. Once a week, remove the brush head from the handle and rinse with warm soapy water to remove any residue.
- If the device is not used frequently, charge it every three months to maintain its charging capacity.
- "Guarantee Period" means two years from the date of purchase of the product.
Pros or features that I like
- It doesn't use batteries, but has a charger.
- The charger is very slick and lasts very long before Clarisonic Mia 2 needs to be recharged again. It connects magnetically to the base. See the picture below. I have been using the device once, sometimes twice a day, since taking it out of the box and I have only charged the sonic cleansing system one time, i.e. before the first use. I have had it for three weeks now.
- It doesn't splash during use.
- It has a very convenient travel case. See the picture on the right.
- It has a lovely travel case, but Clarisonic Mia 2 is a rather heavy product, therefore, I would most likely leave it at home anyway.
- Price may be too high for some folks. It costs £125, so some people find it expensive.
My results. So, is Clarisonic facial system worth the hype?
One week after using Clarisonic product I met one of my friends for the first time after four years of not seeing each other and some of the first words that she said were: "Wow, your skin looks amazing! I can't stop looking at you! What do you do with it?" Ok, I am not saying that it's Clarisonic that is fully responsible for my skin looking well, but I noticed an improvement in my skin's appearance myself since I started using it. It somehow made my skin more glowing. Also, by removing all the dirt, make-up and sebum from the skin surface the device made skincare products more effective which I think resulted in a better looking skin.
Regardless of what the device manufacturers state about the reduced pore size, I have not noticed any difference so far, but I have noticed that the skin looks cleaner and less dirty, including less blackheads.
I get some spots on a regular basis every month, which I haven't had so far since starting to use the device. I still have a week to go before I can say that Clarisonic Mia 2 has helped me cure the spots, so I don't dare to claim that just yet. Nevertheless, I haven't had any spots this month, so who knows maybe it is helping me control acne? I will update the post with respect to my pimples at some point if I don't forget.
The pictures on the right show how my skin has changed on the forehead since using the sonic cleansing system. The before and after pictures show that my skin became more shiny which helps reflect light and create more definition on my face. My face looks less flat, which I like.
|Before (left picture) and after (on the right) using Clarisonic Mia 2 sonic skin cleansing system|
A few tips or warnings from my experience
I have a very thin skin on my nose. It often gets red, especially in winter, and it has a shiny appearance which I find very hard to cover up with make-up as make-up simply does not stay there for long. The skin on my nose has become even shinier and it became more red even though the weather has been very warm recently. So, if you can identify yourself as having skin or patches of the skin that resemble my red and shiny nose, do avoid the problematic area as I think Clarisonic made my problem more severe. This is my first advice.
Also, I kind of feel that my skin is becoming more sensitive to touch, therefore, I would recommend to not overdo with brushing. It may be better to use the product less frequently or once instead of twice a day just to avoid sensitising your skin.
Do you use any facial washing system? If so, what is it?